Adams 14 logo

Dupont Elementary School
     7970 Kimberly Street
     Commerce City, CO 80022
  303.287.0189    303.287.0180
communications@adams14.org
  • Online registration/inscripciones en línea

    To register your student for the upcoming school year, click here: bit.ly/A14Parent. Please review your account and ensure all children, school age and younger, who are currently under your care are listed. If any of your children are not listed, or if you have other questions or concerns, please call 303-853-5750 or 303-853-5752.

     

    Para inscribir a su estudiante para el próximo año escolar, haga clic aquí: bit.ly/A14Parent. Por favor revise su cuenta y asegúrese de que todos los niños, en edad escolar y más pequeños, que están actualmente bajo su cuidado estén enlistados, o si tiene otras preguntas o dudas, comuníquese 303-853-5750 or 303-853-5752.

  • Dupon Choir at the Rockies game

    Dupont Choir at the Rockies Game 

  • Welcome to Dupont!

    Dupont's Mission Statement

    Dupont is a collaborative community that empowers all members to reach for their maximum potential.

         We will achieve this by:

                 Building an inclusive environment     

                 Maintaining high expectations

                 By promoting a growth mindset    

SAC minutes for Feb

At SAC today, we decided to move the meeting to the week after PTO. This one will be longer as we have a longer agenda.

 

Introductions: Brian, Kellly, Tonya, James, Sara. Sylvia on line

Tonya: Reviewing the agenda:

  • We need a Vice-Chair. Tonya reviewed roles.
  • Sylvia- agreed to be vice chair: T- put the motion forward- agreed by all in attendance.
  • Brian- taking notes- Need to publish notes on the Dupont Website- Kelly to work with Nancy to get this done.
  • DAAC Summary: James
    • Breaking ground in March for new Alsup
    • New district budget being finalized- 2/25
    • April- District UIP will be finalized.  
  • Teacher Report- Sara
    • Many teachers sick
    • Teacher’s preparing for state stating .
    • ACCESS testing just finished up
    • Student learning data mixed when compared vs. last year
    • Kelly- Student oral language in math is improving from Number Talks. (General discussion around Number Talk)

 

  • PTO Update – Sylvia
    • PTO voted to approve tutoring $ from Chocolate sales
    • Need a VP of PTO- Maria did not show. May be still our VP.
    • Tutoring Question- Mr Clark- We have 5 groups
    • Negative behaviors at recess- PBIS need to be used to reinforce positive behavior
    • Crosswalk folks showing up late
  • Principal update- Brian
    • Tutoring/Enrichment update
    • Superintendent- Rangel will remain for a while. Search for new Supe next school year
    • Biliteracy expanding to 4th grade next year
    • Culture and Climate – need to focus on right now
      • Teachers stressed out
      • Student behaviors up
    • DIBELS/IDEL Progress monitoring beginning trend up
    • Staffing- Expecting cuts for next year
    • James- discussing funding model and population decrease
  • Tonya- What do we want SAC to look like?
    • Reviewing Douglas County published materials
    • How can we recruit more from PTO? Last PTO: 6 staff, 2 parents PM. AM PTO 12 parents + 4 staff.
    • Sylvia- It will be hard to recruit here. We have coffee with principal, PTO AM PM, and SAC.
    • Brian: Nexus will be coming in to connect with community and determine how we can better meet the needs of our families.
      • Tonya, we really need to get this up.
      • Sara- systematic- school home connection needs to improve- for example, homework is not regularly turned in.
      • General discussion around promoting opportunities to families
      • Sara- Rose Hill PTO is highly functional- we should check with them. They have 4pm meetings.  Sara to ask Jan.
        • We need to promote the PTO agenda ahead of time.  With a physical flyer.
  • Sylvia- I asked Nancy if she could help volunteer
  • SAC Conflict in March. Meeting moved to April 16th 4pm
  • Open Forum
    • When we meet to April – Determine what we want SAC to be like. Brian will present staffing for 20-21.