ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
Students walking to school should use sidewalks and cross only at one of the two designated areas: the light on 80th and the crosswalk on Kimberly.
STUDENTS ARE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THE PLAYGROUND UPON ARRIVAL.
At the end of the school day students are expected to go home immediately. No supervision is provided on the school playground after school. Students not picked up by 4:00pm the students will have to go to the office and parents will be contacted.
If you need to pick up your child before school is dismissed, please come to the office and sign out your child. The child will be called to meet you at the office.
For the safety of our students there are only two designated and supervised areas for drop off and pick up of students:
- The school parking lot
- The drop off line in the front of the school.
Please comply with the following procedures:
Parking Lot Procedures for Safety and Efficiency
For the safety of students and drivers and for efficiency in the school parking lot, please honor the following procedures for the drop off and pick up of students:
- Have children ready to exit the vehicle before entering the parking lot.
- Once entering the parking lot, stay with the path of the arrows – do not back out of the parking lot or drive over the cement dividers.
- Stay with the flow of traffic on the yellow curb and in the through lane.
- Load and unload students at the curb only, or park in a designated space and walk your child through the lot. Students may NOT walk through the parking lot (to or from cars) without being accompanied by their parents.
- Pull as far forward as possible before loading or unloading.
- After loading or unloading move out into the through lane and proceed to the exit.
- Do not block vehicles, cut in front of vehicles, or double-park to load or unload. Please drive slowly.
- Cars may not be left unattended along the yellow curb. Park only in designated parking spaces if you need to leave your vehicle.
- Follow the directions of the volunteers and staff on duty.
- Please remember – no dogs on campus before, during, or after school – this is a city ordinance.
For the safety of students being dropped off or picked up please honor the following procedures:
- There is no supervision in the morning unit 8:50 am. So please don't send your student any early
- Pull into the parking lot and park before unloading students.
- Students may not be dropped off or picked up on the street.
- Students are to use the crosswalk when dropped off on Kimberly and proceed to the main campus.
- Follow the directions of the crossing guard and staff on duty.
Thank you for your patience in the parking lot and for your cooperation with these procedures!
ACCIDENT, EMERGENCIES & SPECIAL HEALTH NEEDS
Please notify the school promptly of any changes in your address, telephone number, place of employment, doctor, names on your emergency lists, or special health needs. Updated information allows us to reach you quickly in the event of an emergency. If your child has an accident or becomes ill at school minimal first aid will be administered and parents will be notified utilizing the information on the student's emergency card. It is important to keep this information current and on file in the school office.
Student safety is the concern of everyone.
LOST AND FOUND
Parents are urged to label all coats, sweaters, backpacks and lunch boxes. Lost items are placed in the "Lost & Found" area near the office. Please remind your child to take home all personal belongings each day. Unclaimed items are given to charity approximately the last Friday of every month.